Monday, April 23, 2012

Palm Meadows Resort


One of several pools at Palm Meadows
The Palm Meadows hotel where we are staying, is a nice resort inside a gated community, with multiple swimming pools, a fitness center, spa, and many activities including badminton, squash and tennis courts.  The staff members, of which there are many, are very friendly and accommodating.  The grounds are well-kept. Each morning the fallen leaves & many plumeria flowers are swept up, and the grass is hand-cut with shears. Rooms are clean and modern, and the hotel is busy during the weekends with many kids swimming and participating in the hotel's children's activities including a bounce house.  (No, this is not a hotel review for Fodor's.)  We have eaten the buffet for both breakfast and lunch, and I have tried a few Indian dishes although sometimes it is not clear what it is.  (Unfortunately, they were not on the list I shared earlier from Andy.)  Even at the hotel restaurants, my colleagues and I have been hesitantly walking around the buffet quietly asking each other, “Anyone know what this is?  Do you think this is safe?” We realize that one wrong move would prove regrettable later.  The hotel provides 3 complimentary bottles of water each day (2 large Aquafina and 1 small one).  I have made sure that one large bottle always sits next to the faucet to remind me to use it when I brush my teeth.  Every day, the staff brings a small fruit basket and a plate of 4 mini cookies.



Strangely, there is a scale in the bathroom, but there is no alarm clock, or clock of any kind in the room.  When I requested a wake-up call from the front desk at 7:30am, it ended up being a live person calling me at 7:23am saying, "Good morning, Ms. Jong, this is your wake-up call."  I wonder if they have ever forgotten to call a guest.

Our driver will come to pick us up at 4:00pm today to take us to the office.  Tina, who visited India about 2 years ago, said, “It should be safer going to the office since there will be a lot of traffic and they can’t drive as fast.”  It will be our first time leaving the hotel since arriving in the pre-dawn darkness.

No comments:

Post a Comment