Monday, April 30, 2012

Week 2 Begins

Today, we will commence working from 3:30pm - 12:30am which is two hours earlier.  Last week, they announced a shift change for the team which everyone was very pleased with, and so are we.  Leaving at 12:30am will also enable the HSC team to catch cabs home directly outside of their building rather than taking a van to a different location.

Bhaji & Poori
This morning for breakfast, I decided to switch up my routine and have pancakes.  Most of the waiters know me well because I come every morning for breakfast and on weekdays around 9:30, not many people are around.  While waiting for my pancakes, one of the waiters encouraged me to try Poori and Bhaji (not to be confused with the Bhuja snack which I will finally try tonight).  Poori spelled Puri was one of the items mentioned by Andy on his list of Indian food.  The waiter described Bhaji as a mixture of vegetables in a gravy.  He explained that you tear a piece of Poori and eat it with some Bhaji, and that it is very good.  He was right - it was tasty with a mild flavor of potatoes, carrots & vegetables, and it was not spicy at all.  The Poori is very light and it is as thin as tissue paper used to wrap presents.  The chef looked at me strangely when I snapped a photo.


Pancakes with American Garden Syrup




The pancakes were pretty good considering that it is their version of American food.  It was funny that there is only one big bottle of pancake syrup called American Garden, so if another guest orders pancakes, they take the bottle to the next table.  Having observed this on a prior day, I knew to immediately put some syrup on my plate before the bottle was taken away.













This morning's weather turned out to be quite nice although  Accuweather.com is calling for temperatures in the 90's with thunderstorms for the remainder of our stay here.  It was forecasted to rain this past weekend, but thankfully it rained heavily only in the evening, once we had already returned to the hotel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment